Since 100 years an hotel in movement
Originally the house has been built for the elaboration of tobacco by Francesco and Bernardo Ragazzi, grandsons of Rodolfo Ragazzi. Later on, Francesco thought of transforming the current tobacco manufacture into a magnetic clinic. This was not possible so he was constrained to sell his house to Lorenzo Lardelli who transformed the manufacture into a simple hotel, but he soon left the management to Mr. Badrutt. Badrutt decided to give his own name to the hotel, calling it so "Hotel Badrutt".
The Hotel Croce Bianca in 1905.
After a long period of consecutive managers changes, the hotel has been bought by another hotel owner from Pontresina called Mathias Schmid. From that moment on, the hotel was called Hotel Weisses Kreuz (White Cross Hotel). Under Schmid, Domenico Pitschen, married to Edina Schmid, continued with the hotel’s management until his death in July 1932. Edina Schmid took over the management with the help of Fredy Klein, a lawyer and a relative of her. He arrived to Poschiavo with his wife Marilli in 1937. He died in September 1953, so Edina and Fredy Klein continued with the administration. Three years later, in December 1956, Edina died and the hotel returned to be property of the Schmid. Marilli Klein continued with the administration until 1979.
During the same year, Sincero Lardi bought the hotel and asked Mrs. Marilli to continue taking care of the administration but she refused, so Sincero Lardi sold the hotel, which now was called Croce Bianca, to the Zanolari brothers.
Between October 1979 and June 1980 the hotel was closed while it was being completely renewed. On June 26th 1980 the Albergo Croce Bianca was reopened under the property of the Zanolari brothers and it is under their management until these days.